Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Teknetics Gamma Metal Detector Field Test Report

We're proud to share a field test report on one of our most asked about metal detectors! The latest series from Teknetics has been getting a lot of buzz, mostly questions about performance compared to other metal detectors.

Well we are proud to offer the first Field Test Report for the Teknetics Gamma Metal Detector - with more to come!

View the full report here: Kellyco's Teknetics Gamma Field Test Report. There's also plenty of pictures, all the finds made by the tester, and an honest portrayal of how this new machine works from an experienced metal detectorist.


My name is Mike Bearden and I live in north Alabama. I have been metal detecting since 1969.

I have used just about every brand of metal detector offered to the public in the last 30 odd years and really enjoy metal detecting and field testing different product lines.

Kellyco sent the new Teknetics Gamma 6000 to me to see how well it will perform in my area which is heavily saturated with iron ore and red clay.

I live in the middle of the iron ore belt that stretches from 150 miles north of my home and on down below Birmingham, Alabama.

This ground has proven to be very tough to tame for MANY of the high end detectors that I have tried here over the years.

Just to give you an idea, those gold/red stones in the picture below are iron ore typically found in my yard and throughout the surrounding counties. This place is LOADED with it and if you drag a shop magnet around on the ground, these stones actually stick to it like metal. It's found on the surface and as far down as anyone cares to dig.

After receiving the Gamma 6000 I opened the box, zipped through the 24 page manual and then put it together, installed the battery, turned it on and got familiar with all of the settings. . .

No comments: