Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Rarest of all Texas Civil War Buttons Found in Louisiana

My Minelab Advantage metal detector helped me find one of the most rare Texas Civil War buttons ever made.

I got into metal detecting because my wife bought me one for my birthday. 11 years later and I'm still addicted to this great hobby. My favorite places to hunt are private property and plowed fields. The day that I found this button I was searching a plowed field in the state of Louisiana. I had my Minelab Advantage, which I had been using for over two years by this point, and a shovel to help dig.

After about three hours in this field I got a good signal. It was only 4" down and my hunting partner knew immediately what it was. The only Texas Unit button ever made, only a few have ever been found. It's a Waco Guards Civil War button, worth anywhere from $2,500.00 to $3,000.00 - but priceless to me!

I was simply amazed that I found this rare and special button. The first person I told was my brother. Please enjoy this picture of the button, which is in very good shape considering it's age and what it's been through.

Jim H. Glimer, VA.

Read more stories of treasures found with Minelab Metal Detectors at www.KellycoDetectors.com!

No comments: