Thursday, September 20, 2007

North Florida Gives Up Lots of Silver Coins!

"My son and I where detecting near what we thought was the foundation of an old house people in the neighborhood said burned down 20 years ago. The roof was evidently nailed together with 10,000 nails and because of the fire they were all over the place.


My son uses the MP3 Pro and I now use the MP5. I am so happy we bought these models as we could never detect this place if we didn't have the great discriminators on MP's. We tuned out all the nails and other junk and started finding lots of pennies, mostly close to the surface. We later moved around to what was the back of the house and the first silver coin found was a 1940 mercury dime followed by a 1045 merc. Then both my son and I got a "HIT" within a few feet of each other. He yelled "Got a silver dollar Dad!". I put my detector down to take a look at what turned out to be 1 Troy Oz. American coin. I started to dig my signal and soon came up with another different 1 Troy Oz. 999 Fine Silver Coin. Both were tarnished but looked really great to us!

We hunted the area more carefully and found many more coins including a 1965 Eastern Caribbean Territories Coin, looks like silver, not sure it is. A final stroke of good luck was a bright American Gold Dollar near the car as we were packing up to go home.

Our MP's have more then paid for themselves in finds and fun and I didn't have to spend thousand dollars to do it."

Robert L.
North Florida

1 comment:

Blogger said...

SilverGoldBull is your trusted silver and gold dealer. You will be provided with competitive, live rates and they will ensure your precious metals arrives to your door discreetly and safely.