Thursday, September 20, 2007

John H. Found a 1880 Five Dollar Gold Coin!

1880 Five Dollar Gold Coin

I bought a White's Classic from Tony at Kellyco about 2 months ago. I went to a cow pasture near new construction of a subdivision in Kissimmee, Florida to treasure hunt with my new detector. I noticed a clump of trees in the pasture and thought there might have been an old home site on the property. After a search of about 15 minutes I had found no home site. There seemed to be nothing but trash around the trees. Then I got a good hit! I dug down about 3 inches and found some silver coins and the 5 dollar gold coin. What a surprise! The coins were in an old leather sack that fell apart when I picked it up. It must be beginner's luck!

Found by John H., on June 26, 2003
Kissimmee, FL

No comments: